Using Birth Affirmations - Divya Hegde

C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\IMG-5771.jpg
Affirmations, visualisations are immensely helpful in connecting deeply and in creating the positive experience that you want. What we believe in definitely affects how we experience birth. Words are very powerful – affirmations help use that power to ‘tune in’ with our partner and baby on this parenting journey. You can use them at any point to address an underlying fear and take positive action.
You can use the affirmation, ‘A c-sec can be my positive bridge to motherhood’ if you have a fear of surgery.
Affirmations are very helpful in dealing with pain too.
‘Each surge brings my baby closer to me’
Write down affirmations that resonate and connect with you personally. They should be in the present tense, positive, precise and powerful. Saying, writing, reading, recording and listening to them helps immensely in your pregnancy journey.
Here are a few suggestions that can help you through your pregnancy and during birth. In addition, you can write your own in words you believe in. You can also refer a few from the resources shared. Read them daily, put them in a place where you see it many times a day - bedroom walls, bathroom, kitchen, record and listen to them, colour or draw them - whichever way it appeals to you especially during the last few months.
  • My body is nourishing the child I am carrying beautifully
  • My choices throughout this journey are based on love not fear
  • I trust my body. My body is made for birth.
  • My body and baby know how to work together to give birth
  • My tissues stretch beautifully to birth my baby
  • My body is strong. 
  • My body has hundreds of thousands of years of history in it that will allow me to birth my child with joy and ease
  • I surrender to the opening of my body
  • I am surrounded by love and trust
  • My mind is focused on the wonderful expression of love I’m feeling as I birth my child
  • I fully relax and turn my birthing over to nature
  • My baby’s birth will be easy because I am so relaxed
  • I turn my birthing over to my baby and my body
Affirmations can also help your partner on this journey. He can note the ones he relate to and read / repeat them daily.
  • I love the way (partners name) body is growing, she is radiant!
  • Our baby is safe, secure and healthy
  • My baby and partner are loved
  • I am ready and grateful to be a father
  • We (partner and baby) experience a joyful birth or something better   
Affirmations during those initial days of breastfeeding and new motherhood can be especially useful during those tough days and when you are feeling really low.
  • I am the perfect mother for my baby
  • I have the strength to take care of all  my baby’s needs
  • I love myself
  • I am a wonderful and capable mother
  • I choose to love and accept myself fully
  • I am making an abundance of milk for my baby
  • I ask for help and allow others to help me
  • Frequent nursing is normal
  • My baby and I enjoy nursing together
  • Everyday breastfeeding is a little bit easier 
I personally loved coloring my favourite affirmations and putting them up on my bedroom walls. I also loved listening to the hypnobirthing tracks on birth affirmations along with my partner at the end of a tiring day. I would use my headphones to listen to tracks whenever I went for a walk and it would help me really relax. I feel affirmations played a key role in the preparation towards my baby’s birth.
Your birthing will unfold exactly as you see it now. You have defined your birthing in this way, and your birthing will happen as you have defined it. --Marie F Mongan
References:
  1. Hypnobirthing - The Mongan Method – Marie F Mongan
  2. From Fear To Love – Red Miller
  3. Pregnancy Affirmation Coloring Book - BirthArtByJessica.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Questions To Ask Your Doctor To Ensure A Positive Birth Experience (I) - Shyami Gomu Sathiaseelan

Silver Lining of the Grey GDM Cloud - Aarti Mehta